Steps to add Gmails to Outlook email client:
- Open Outlook
- Go to TOOLS > ACCOUNT SETTINGS >CLICK "NEW"
- Choose "Microsoft Exchange /POP3/IMAP/HTTP"
- Click on "Manual Configuration option"
- Choose "Internet Email"
- Enter Gmail Account details
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Account Type= IMAP or POP
- Incoming Mail Server = imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing Mail Server = smtp.gmail.com
- User name = your fill Gmail address
- Password = Gmail account password
- Click "More Settings"
- Click "Outgoing Server" tab > enable "My outgoing server requires authentication" and select "use same settings as my incoming mail server"
- Click "Advanced" tab.
- If IMAP was selected earlier, then:
- Incoming Server (IMAP) = 993, encryption =SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) = 465, encryption =SSL
- Click OK and "Test account Settings"
To resolve the Outlook sign in problem on Gmail, do the following.
- Open Gmail in a web browser.
- You may already have received emails that says login attempts were blocked
- Click on your account icon from the top right corner and click on My Account
- Under "Sign-in and Security", scroll down and enable "allow less secure apps"
- Go back to Outlook and "Test Account Settings"
If you have issues adding Gmail with Outlook due to login or sign in issues, please check the video below: