If you would like to type in Hindi or convert English letters/words to Hindi on Windows, this is post if for you. There are some online tools using which we can also achieve similar results, but those are online tools and cannot be used when we are offline. In this example, we will be using, Google Input Tools on Windows to type in English and let Google Input Tools generate Hindi letters/words for us. The advantage is that Google Input Tools
also works offline.
A) English to Hindi using Google Input Tools Online:
Google Input Tools is also available online at Google Hindi Input Tools Online. Just type in English and get it converted to Hindi.
- From the language selector drop-down, select Hindi
- Next to the language selector, choose the type of virtual input - virtual English keyboard, Hindi INSCRIPT virtual keyboard or hand draw.
B) English to Hindi using Google Hindi Input Tools Offline:
For more comfortable use, download and install Google Hindi Input Tools on your computer to convert English to Hindi using Google Input Tools Offline. Download Google Hindi Input Tools from http://www.google.co.in/inputtools/windows
Using Google Hindi Input Tools Offline:
On Windows 8/10:
After Google Hindi Input Tools Offline is installed -
- Click on the Language preferences icon in the taskbar right hand corner near Date/Time
- It is ENG by default if you had setup your computer to use English as the preferred language
- Click on the ENG
- Click on Hindi (Google Input Tools)
- Open a Text editor such as Notepad or Microsoft Word to test
- As you type on your keyboard, you should be able to see Hindi Characters replacing the English letters.
Watch this short demonstration video how to install and use Google Hindi Input Tools to convert English to Hindi on your computer.
Google Input Tools for Windows is an input method editor which allows users to enter text in any of the supported languages using a Latin (English / QWERTY) keyboard. Users can type a word the way it sounds using Latin characters and Google Input Tools for Windows will convert the word to its native script. Available input tools include transliteration, IME, and on-screen keyboards.
Google Input Tools for Windows is currently available for 22 different languages: Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Persian, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Russian, Sanskrit, Serbian, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu, Tigrinya and Urdu. [Google Input Tools]
Uninstall Google Hindi Input ToolGoogle Input Tool can be uninstalled from the Control Panel Uninstall program.
To uninstall, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Start" menu.
- Select "Control Panel" and then go to"Add or Remove Programs".
- To uninstall all languages including the framework:
- In the program list, select the "Google Input Tools " then click on "Change/Remove" button.
- In the "Uninstall Google Input Tools" dialog box, click "Yes".
- You need to restart computer to make it take effect.