Google Blogger has a widget for showing 'Popular Post" but not "Recent Posts" which I think is equally useful for bloggers. If you are looking for ways to include "Recent Posts" in your Blogger blog, then there are a few ways you can add "Recent Blog Posts" on your Blogger blog.
2) If you simply want to display list of recent post links of up to 5 links, then you can also do so by using the Blogger "Feed" widget. For this to work, you should either grab the Blog's feed URL or should have setup Google Feedburber.
To add the Feed widget, do the following:
- Go to Layout and add a gadget like normally.
- Find widget "Feed" and add.
- Enter the feed URL
- By default it is: "http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default"
- OR if you have already setup a redirect feed such as "Google's Feedburner", get the URL from Settings > Other > under "Site Feed" > "Post Feed Redirect URL" > copy the URL from there.
|Settings > Other > Post Feed Redirect URL|
- Configure the number of links to show, whether to show post date and auther information etc.
- Click Save
The recent posts displayed using the Feed widget is displayed as shown below: