- Go to BLOGGER DASHBOARD > TEMPLATE
- Click CUSTOMIZE
- ADVANCED > ADD CSS
- Paste this code in the space provided
display: none !important;
another code that works is:
- Click APPLY TO BLOG > BACK to BLOGGER
B) Another way without CSS code:
You can also remove or hide the default Blogger navigation bar from Blogger > Layout. But it is possible only if the navigation bar widget is not locked.
How to find out if Blogger navigation bar widget is locked or not?
- Login to Blogger > Your Blog > Settings > Layout
- Find a widget with name "Navbar".
- If the "Navbar" widget is locked that is, it is not movable and greyed out.
- If the Blogger widget is locked, it is not movable and slightly greyed out at the corner. It does not have the drag-able handle.
- Unlock the widget from TEMPLATE > EDIT HTML
- Click on "JUMP TO WIDGET" > "NAVBAR1"
- Click anywhere inside the template page and press CTRL+F and search for "Navbar"
- Change the value of "locked" from "true" to "false"
Before : <b:widget id='Navbar1' locked='false' title='Navbar' type='Navbar' visible='true'>
After: <b:widget id='Navbar1' locked='true' title='Navbar' type='Navbar' visible='true'>
- Save Template
- Go back to LAYOUT
- The widget is now unlocked an drag-able
How to delete or remove a Blogger widget (such as navigation bar, attribution etc)?
To remove or delete or turn off a locked Blogger widget such as navigation, attribution (powered by Blogger) etc., do the above steps to unlock the widget first. Then from LAYOUT page, click EDIT and then REMOVE.
- Go to BLOGGER > LAYOUT
- Click on the "edit" link in the "Navbar" widget (top right corner)
- Check "off" > save
- Click "Save Arrangement"
Now you should have a blogger page without the navigation at the top.
See here: How to remove the "Powered by Blogger" attribution widget from Blogger?