If you blog regularly or just started blogging, you may love Windows Live Writer. Windows Live Writer is a blog publishing software by Microsoft using which one can publish blog posts to multiple blogging platforms. Windows Live Writer makes it easy to share your photos and videos on almost any blog service – Windows Live, WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, TypePad, and many more. Writer is part of Windows Live Essentials, which includes free programs for photos, movies, instant messaging, e-mail, blogging, family safety, and more. Get Writer or get them all – they’re free!
Windows Live Writer has features
such as tags/categories, scheduling post publish, HTML source viewer/editor etc. just like your regular interface online. And if you require additional functionalities, there are WLW plugins to help you do more.
With WLW it’s much easier – it’s a “One tool for all“. Even if you have blogs on Blogger and WordPress, you can blog to all from a single interface. You can add multiple blog accounts and post from the same tool. So no more logging on to different blog services for posting!
- Download and Install Windows Live Essentials.
- Windows Live Writer is a part of Windows Live Essentials suite. Customize the installation and opt Windows Live Writer. You may install other programs included in Windows Live Essentials suite such as Messenger, Mail, etc. if required.
- After installation, open Windows Live Writer (Start > All programs >Windows Live Writer or Search for Windows Live Writer)
- Click on Manage Blog Account or Add Blog Account
- Select the appropriate blogging service you are using and click next
- Enter the blog address (eg: http://yourblogname.blogspot.com)
- Enter the blog account login name and password
- WLW will download the blog template
- WLW will setup and you are good to go!
If you want to add more features to Windows Live Writer, you can get WLW plugins here: Windows Live Write Plugins.
Try it! Happy Blogging!