Tech Tips on Computers, Internet, Blogging, Web Development, Social Media, Android and more

Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

google_forms_date_format

Recently, while designing a survey questionnaire form on Google Forms and realized that the date was US Format, that is Month, Day, Year or MM/DD/YYYY. I, being from India, I needed DD/MM/YYYY which is common here. I did not to let people make a mistake by entering date in place of month and vice versa.

If you are also in a similar situation, and looking to change the date format, here is How to change the date format in Google forms from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy?

So, as stated above, I needed the date to be in the format DD/MM/YYYY. But instead, the date format in the Google Form was MM/DD/YYYY. If you have not made any changes to your Google Account settings, which most of us may not have, then the default date format would be MM/DD/YYYY.

I check all the settings within the Form but did not find any settings to change related to date.

How to change the date format in Google forms from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy?


1) Go to https://myaccount.google.com

2) Click on Data & personalization in the left sidebar. Here we can change settings related to our Google data, activity, and preferences.

3) Scroll down till you find "General preferences for the web - Manage settings for Google services on the web".

google_account_general_preferences

4) The LANGUAGE set is probably United States.

5) Click on LANGUAGE, then click on the EDIT icon (pencil)

6)Type ENGLISH and select, then select the region specific to you.
google_account_general_preferences_language


7) Click SELECT

That's it.
Go back to Google Form, refresh the form and the date format is changed from MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.



google_forms_date_format_india


That's it!
That is how to change the date format in Google forms from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy?



16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Fantastic, great job, thank you, worked perfectly

      Delete
  2. Very informative article, thanks for this information!
    technology & Internet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post... God bless you...
    Keep hard working and keep learning...
    gangoh.com
    rdmoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If more people that write articles really concerned themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings.Thank you for caring about your content.
    the complete guide

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got confused with Google Forms many times. Your post is very useful.
    Cloud Migration India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir, ye google contact form me auto reply kaise lgaye?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted English to be my language and I can't find Spain as my region.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used this procegrer but dosent work while fel online form

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your effort that was very helpful for me.
    I'll be thankful if you visit my
    https://www.bloggingtechhub.com/2020/06/how-to-change-date-format-google-forms.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Amelia, Thank for the comment.
      I just visited your blog site.

      Is your blog new?

      Delete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]