|Figure 1: SQL Server 2008 Installation Error - Reporting Service Catalog Database File Existence|
See Figure 1 above.
- The catalog database file exists. Select a files-only mode installation.
- The catalog temporary database file exists. Select a files-only mode installation.
This issue occurs because the databases for the SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services instance that you want to install already exist on the computer.
To resolve this issue, move, rename, or delete the existing Report Server databases. Or, use a different instance name.
- Go to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.InstanceName\MSSQL\DATA
- You should be able to see two files related to MS SQL Reporting Service viz. ReportingServerTempDB.mdf and ReportingServerTempDB_log.LDF
|Delete the above two files related to Reporting Server|
- Delete the above two files
- Re-Run the Microsoft SQL SERVER installation check
- The error should be clear now.
- Continue with the installation.