If you are asking "Can I revert back to my previous operating system?" Yes, you can. If you are not satisfied with Windows 10 upgrade, and if you would like to revert to your previous Windows then you can. In this post, we'll see how to go back to Windows 7 from Windows 10.
There are two ways you can by which you can go back to the previous Windows:
A) Go back to previous versions of Windows using the "Go Back" option in Windows 10
The Go Back option will only be available for 28 days after the installation of Windows 10. If you perform a disc cleanup, refresh, or reset in Windows 10, you will not have the option to go back. The "windows.old" folder under C Drive should not be deleted otherwise you will not be able to go back.
Things to do or check before going back to previous Windows version:
- Although your personal files should not be affected by going back, it is recommended that you should back up all important data (personal files, photos, videos, documents, applications, software, etc.) before going back, to avoid any possibility of losing your important data.
- If you were using a different password with the previous Windows version on your computer, you might need your old password.
- Keep your PC powered on and plugged in to a power source for the duration of the go back.
- Launch Start menu, search for "go back", and then click "Go back to an earlier build".
- The Recovery window opens in Settings.Click "Get Started".
- In the Why are you going back? screen, select an answer. Click Next.
- Read the What you need to know screen, and then click Next.
- In the "Don't get locked out" section, Windows reminds you that you will need your old password, if you used a password to login to the previous build, you will need it. Click Next.
- Click Go back to an earlier build.
- Wait till the Windows is reverted to the previous version.
- Login with your previous Windows password (if required to).
B) Revert to previous Windows using recovery discs
Use the recovery discs (that either you created or obtained from seller) to return your machine to its original factory condition. Just boot into your recovery disc and install the Windows.