Well, we can open the first one, then copy all from the second word document and paste it at the end of the first one and so on. But that would be a tedious process if you have many separate documents.
How about letting MS Word handle that for us?
To merge multiple Word Documents into one, do the following:
- Put all the MS Word documents in one folder
- Rename the MS Word documents sequentially say page1, page2 etc.
- Open the first MS Word document that you would like to appear on top
- Scroll down to the bottom of the first document you opened and click to place the cursor at the end
- Click on "Insert" tab and click "Object". Then click "Text from file"
|Insert tab: Object > Text from file|
- A file dialog box will open
- Navigate to the folder where you have placed all the documents
- Select all the remaining documents
- NOTE: Make sure that the documents appear sequentially. The document appearing on top will be placed first. If suppose Page2.docx is not appearing on top, sort the documents by name.
- Click "Insert"
- That's it!