For almost any phone, the same general steps apply - that is to create a dial-up connection on the PC using the mobile phone's modem.
MOBILE OPERATOR RELATED SETUP:
You have to subscribe to your service provider for GPRS service. Some rental /data fees will be charged depending on the service provider.
- Call customer care and follow instructions to get GPRS settings on your handset.
- After getting the GPRS settings, save the settings on your mobile.
- The example below is on Airtel (India). This could be similar on other service providers.
- Save the GPRS SETTINGS received from your service provider from the option menu.
- Go to main menu on your handset >> SETTINGS >> CONNECTION >>GPRS
- GPRS CONNECTION = when needed
- SET ACCESS POINT = airtelgprs.com (For other service provider, check with your customer service)
SETUP AND TEST THE PHONE MODEM
- Go to CONTROL PANEL > PHONE and MODEM
- Select MODEMS TAB >select the handset MODEM displayed
- Go to its properties > select ADVANCED TAB
- keep the "extra initialization" space blank.
- Select DIAGNOSTICS > QUERY MODEM
- The first line in the COMMAND | RESPONSE should show SUCCESS. (your modem is OK)
- Click OK
- GO BACK CLICKING OK
- Select create a new connection > next > select connect to internet
- Select setup connection manually
- Select connect using dial-up modem
- Select one of the modems that appear
- ISP name > service provider name > eg. Airtel
- Phone number to dial > eg. *99***1# for airtel am using. For others, you can also try *99#
- Keep the user name and password fields blank
Your network connection for this modem should now appear in Control Panel >Network and Internet > Network Connections.
CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET
With the new connection created, just right-click on the connection and select connect > dial.