Have you ever thought about managing your Android phone from a computer without using USB cables? Then this post is your you. In this post we shall see how to manage Android phone from the computer without using any cables. For this purpose, there are a few requirements as listed below:
1) Android Phone and a computer
2) ES File Manager Android app installed on the Android phone
(Download ES File Manager from Google Play)
3) Wi-Fi router to which both the Android phone and the computer can connect to. The computer may be connected to the router over Wi-Fi or connected by LAN cable.
If the above requisites are met, then we can proceed to access and manage the Android phone from the computer.
Please watch this short demo video to see the steps on how to manage Android phone from computer using ES File Manager or read on for the steps.
Steps to access and manager Android phone from computer:
To access and manage Android phone from the computer over Wi-Fi, do the following
- Get ES File Manager installed on the Android Phone (Download ES File Manager from Google Play)
- Let the Android phone and computer connect to the same Wi-Fi network
- Open the ES File Manager on the Android phone
- Tap on the menu and under "Network", find "Remote Manage" and tap on it
- "Turn on" the service
- Note the FTP link displayed
- On the computer, open File Explorer (Windows Explorer in the case of Windows computer)
- Type in the FTP address displayed on the Android phone which will be something like "ftp://192.168.0.1:NNNN", where NNNN is some port number
- Hit enter
- The Android phone files and folders should now be visible in the window
Was this post helpful? Or Have you tried this yet?
Or if you are facing some issue which we can look into it together, do let me know in the comments.