In this post we'll see how to fix Drupal issue:
“This field has been disabled because you do not have sufficient permissions to edit it”.
While I was trying to edit a content, I noticed that Drupal was not allowing me to edit the content saying “This field has been disabled because you do not have sufficient permissions to edit it”.
I checked the "Authoring Information" and the content was created quite a long time ago, and since then, I might have changed some permissions because of which the user logged in does not have permissions to edit it. If you see this message, it is permissions related to "text formats".
Watch this short video how to resolve this issue:
And the following are the steps to resolve the issue.
- Note the role of the user who is seeing the message “This field has been disabled because you do not have sufficient permissions to edit it”.
- Login to Drupal as an administrator (required to change configuration)
- Navigate to "Home » Administration » Configuration » Content authoring » Text formats"
- Check all the text formats listed and roles permitted to use it. Find out which text format has the missing role for the user seeing the message.
- Click on "configure" next to the text format missing the user role
- Enable the user role
- Save configuration
- Now login to Drupal as the user
- Check if the user is able to edit the content now. (It should).